Possibly the world wants extra banana pancakes. Sure, that’s simply what we’re lacking. Sure, that’s what I’m telling myself proper now. This thirteen-year-old (!) recipe web site already has a number of banana pancake recipes, every great in its personal means, and right here I’m with one other.
My whole wheat banana pancakes are so good and fluffy. My banana oat pancakes are tender and flavorful with oatmeal-like interiors. This blender oatmeal pancake recipe yields an all-around nice pancake that’s much less banana-y than the others. I even have banana waffle recipes—whole wheat and oat-based—these are nice, too.
These are the banana pancakes I’m making most frequently in the mean time. They’re the best pancakes by far, with solely three components on the core: mashed banana, eggs and whole-grain flour (you will have a number of flour choices right here). I typically add cinnamon and hemp or flaxseeds, however even then, they require fewer components than the remainder.
Nutritionally, these banana pancakes are about as wholesome as pancakes will be. They’re considerably decrease in carbohydrates than the opposite recipes, and barely greater in protein. That’s a win! They don’t style as very similar to a deal with as the opposite recipes, however they’re really very good.
These pancakes are straightforward to throw collectively within the morning whereas Grace toddles across the kitchen. She loves them and I be ok with them. So, these banana pancakes are positively baby-friendly and kid-friendly. These easy pancakes are for everybody!
3-Ingredient Banana Pancake Notes
I attempted two-ingredient banana pancakes a very long time in the past (banana and egg solely) and located nothing to love about them. Like, you’re higher off consuming scrambled eggs with a aspect of banana. Including a bit of flour makes all of the distinction with these pancakes.
Your flour choices for these pancakes embody entire wheat flour, buckwheat flour or oat flour. They work equally properly. Buckwheat flour has probably the most daring taste, whereas entire wheat is probably the most refined. Oat flour is hearty and gives a light-weight oatmeal-like taste. For gluten-free pancakes, select licensed gluten-free buckwheat or oat flour.
The eggs on this recipe are completely important. Flax eggs will not work on this recipe. Don’t try or you’ll find yourself with unhappy banana-flax mush.
Use overripe bananas for this recipe. Ideally, they’ve at the least a couple of brown spots. Overripe bananas are sweeter and impart extra banana taste.
You’ll have to dial down the warmth as you cook dinner these pancakes. Most pancakes include some sugar, which not solely makes the pancakes sweeter, but additionally helps stop them from burning as they cook dinner. Since these pancakes are totally naturally sweetened with bananas (no added sweetener, not even maple syrup), they’re particularly delicate to warmth. In the event you discover that your pancakes are turning too golden on the skin earlier than the insides are cooked, the skillet has grow to be too sizzling.
Nutritious Combine-In Choices & Serving Solutions
These banana pancakes are excellent of their simplest type, containing solely banana, egg and flour. In the event you’d like to spice up the flavour or vitamin, add any of the next:
- Floor cinnamon: I all the time add cinnamon as a result of I like the flavour.
- Hemp seeds and/or floor flaxseed: Each provide wholesome fats and fiber.
- Unsweetened shredded coconut: You would stir a pair tablespoons into the batter. You’ll get even higher toasted taste in case you sprinkle a bit of coconut over the raw aspect of the pancake earlier than flipping.
- Pinch of salt: I don’t assume you’ll miss it, however a bit of little bit of salt ought to amp up the general taste.
For serving our daughter, I typically add a light-weight unfold of runny almond butter sprinkled with hemp seeds or a pat of butter. I like them that means myself! For extra of a breakfast deal with, attempt a variety of peanut or almond butter or Greek yogurt for protein, plus further sliced banana and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
Extra Banana Breakfast Treats to Strive
Please let me know the way your banana pancakes prove within the feedback! I like listening to from you.
3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: quarter-hour
- Whole Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Class: Breakfast
- Methodology: Stovetop
- Delicacies: American
- Weight-reduction plan: Vegetarian
These 3-ingredient banana pancakes are wholesome and really easy to make. This recipe is household pleasant as properly—infants, youngsters and adults alike love these pancakes. Yields 8 pancakes (every about 4 inches in diameter, sufficient for two to 4 servings).
- 2 medium-to-large ripe bananas
- 4 massive eggs
- ½ cup entire wheat flour or buckwheat flour or ⅔ cup oat flour
- Optionally available taste/vitamin boosters: ½ teaspoon floor cinnamon, as much as 2 tablespoons hemp seeds and/or floor flaxseed
- Butter, avocado oil or ghee, for cooking
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the banana with a big fork till it’s shiny and principally clean. Add the eggs and whisk till the eggs are evenly included into the banana.
- Add the flour and any elective boosters. Gently stir till mixed. Put aside whilst you preheat the skillet (the batter can relaxation for as much as 1 hour if want be).
- Warmth a big skillet (stainless-steel, forged iron or non-stick) over medium-low warmth (if utilizing an electrical griddle, warmth it to 350 levels Fahrenheit). You’re prepared to begin cooking pancakes as soon as a drop of water sizzles on contact with the new floor. If essential, frivolously oil the cooking floor with a pat of butter or oil, fastidiously wiping up extra with a paper towel (nonstick surfaces doubtless received’t require any oil).
- Scoop ¼ cup batter onto the new skillet, leaving a few inches round every pancake for growth. Prepare dinner till small bubbles type on the floor of the pancakes, 2 to three minutes.
- Flip the pancakes, then cook dinner till frivolously golden on each side, 1 to 2 minutes extra. Repeat the method with the remaining batter, including extra butter and dialing down the warmth if the pancakes are turning darkish on the skin earlier than they’re cooked by means of on the within.
- Serve instantly or preserve heat in a 200 diploma Fahrenheit oven. Leftover pancakes will be saved within the fridge for as much as 3 days, or frozen for as much as 3 months. To reheat, stack leftover pancakes and wrap them in a paper towel earlier than gently reheating within the microwave.
Make it gluten free: Use licensed gluten-free oat flour or buckwheat flour.
▸ Vitamin Data
Did you make this recipe?