These air fryer buffalo cauliflower bites are the BEST appetizer or recreation day snack! They’re crispy, saucy, and spicy. You will not be capable of get sufficient!
This air fryer buffalo cauliflower is the ULTIMATE recreation day snack. It’s saucy, spicy, and crispy, the sort of finger meals that packs a ton of taste right into a single chew. In case you nonetheless want snack recs for the Tremendous Bowl subsequent weekend, right here’s mine: make this!
I based mostly this recipe on the baked buffalo cauliflower I shared final fall. After I posted it, I heard from so lots of you asking for an air fryer model. I’m SO GLAD I attempted one, as a result of this air fryer buffalo cauliflower is perhaps even higher than the oven model (which was already very scrumptious). The air fryer simply makes it that rather more crispy! Devour the florets on their very own (warning: they’re significantly addictive!) or take them excessive with a creamy dipping sauce. This vegan ranch is unbelievable.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe Components
To make this air fryer buffalo cauliflower recipe, you’ll begin by breaking a head of cauliflower into giant florets.
Then, you’ll make a batter out of all-purpose flour, cornstarch, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and water. The cornstarch is the key to getting the cauliflower good and crisp!
After you air fry the cauliflower, you’ll brush it with buffalo sauce. I wish to make a homemade one utilizing Frank’s red hot sauce, melted butter, garlic powder, paprika, and honey. For a vegan various, sub vegan butter for normal butter and use agave as a substitute of honey!
Don’t neglect the vegan ranch dressing for serving! For a full “buffalo wings” expertise, carrots and celery sticks are enjoyable too.
Discover the entire recipe with measurements under.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Suggestions
- Actually coat that cauliflower! The batter is what offers the cauliflower its crispy, “fried” impact, so that you need to get it into each nook and cranny of every floret. While you add the cauliflower to the thick flour combination, stir nicely to ensure the florets are totally coated.
- Don’t crowd the basket. If it’s too crowded, the cauliflower will steam as a substitute of getting browned and crisp. Organize the florets in a single layer and go away a bit house round each. Work in batches if essential. It takes me two batches to make this recipe in my air fryer.
- Flip it rigorously. While you flip the cauliflower after the primary couple of minutes of cooking, it’d need to follow the air fryer basket. That’s okay! In case you use a spatula to loosen the cauliflower from the basket, you’ll be capable of flip it with out tearing off its crispy coating. To attenuate sticking, it’s also possible to flippantly grease the basket with cooking spray earlier than including the cauliflower.
- Sauce it twice. For the perfect buffalo taste, you’ll must sauce these cauliflower bites twice: as soon as midway by the cook dinner time, and as soon as simply earlier than serving. Don’t maintain again right here! Rotate the florets as you sweep on the sauce as a way to coat them on all sides.
- Eat it instantly. This buffalo cauliflower is greatest scorching from the air fryer, when it’s nonetheless good and crisp. Leftovers will maintain in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 2 days, however they’ll lose a few of their crispness. In case you’re making this recipe for a celebration or recreation day, I like to recommend air frying the cauliflower simply earlier than serving.
Extra Favourite Air Fryer Recipes
In case you love these air fryer buffalo cauliflower wings, attempt making one in every of these enjoyable snacks within the air fryer subsequent:
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt. Add the water and whisk till easy. Add the cauliflower and stir to coat.
Raise the cauliflower florets out of the batter, permitting any extra batter to drip again into the bowl. Organize in a single layer within the air fryer basket, leaving a bit house round every floret. Don’t crowd the basket. Work in batches as essential.
Air fry for 9 minutes. Take away from the air fryer and use a spatula to rigorously flip the florets. Brush with a few of the buffalo sauce. Air fry for one more 5 to 10 minutes, or till the cauliflower is darkish and crisp across the edges.
Take away from the air fryer and brush with extra buffalo sauce. If desired, serve with vegan ranch for dipping.