This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure policy.
This beautiful Harvest Bowl has all probably the most scrumptious flavors of fall packed in a single straightforward salad. It’s stuffed with creamy candy potatoes, kale, Brussels sprouts, wild rice, grilled hen, candy apple, cheese, crunchy candied pecans, and pepitas with the very best balsamic French dressing dressing. You’ll be craving all of it season lengthy!
Candy potatoes this time of yr are simply the greatest and I can’t get sufficient, particularly on this cozy Sweet Potato Chili and basic Sweet Potato Casserole. Additionally, crispy Sweet Potato Fries by no means exit of fashion!
Harvest Bowl Recipe
Get able to fall in love with the textures and flavors on this Harvest Bowl. From the tender candy potatoes and juicy apples to the crunch from the pecans and pumpkin seeds, each chunk is best than the final. The mixture of candy and savory actually makes this harvest bowl recipe one thing particular! The right completion is a drizzle of extremely tasty selfmade balsamic French dressing. You’re going to wish to make this time and again!
Not solely is that this dish tremendous scrumptious, however the components are nutrient-rich and are available collectively for a satisfying and well-balanced meal. The hen provides loads of protein whereas the fruits and veggies fill this bowl with nutritional vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber. I like to fill my salads with meats, grains, greens, cheese, and all of the toppings to make it an entire meal and oh so satisfying.
Harvest Bowl Substances
This Harvest Bowl recipe is a mixture of tasty components like juicy hen, recent greens, and flavorful apple and crunchy pecans! Let’s take a more in-depth have a look at every ingredient and the way they arrive collectively to make this glorious dish. Observe: actual measurements are within the recipe card under.
- Candy Potatoes: For this recipe, we’re roasting one medium chopped candy potato in olive, salt and pepper.
- Kale: Nourishing kale is the bottom for this bowl. See recipe tip under! You can additionally use spinach in case you choose.
- Brussels Sprouts: Mixing in sliced Brussels sprouts add much more vitamins and texture. They’re simply so tasty!
- Wild Rice: Naturally gluten-free, a great supply of protein and wealthy in antioxidants and important minerals, wild rice makes this harvest bowl actually filling. You can additionally use brown rice, it’s an alternative choice that’s filled with nice nutritional vitamins and minerals.
- Rooster: Use pre-cooked hen or rotisserie hen for straightforward prep. I really like this shredded chicken recipe! You can additionally use this boiled chicken recipe to prep the hen.
- Apple: Use a sweet-tart, completely crisp apple. I really like utilizing Honeycrisp, Pink Woman, Fuji, or Ambrosia apples!
- Cheese: Sprinkle on crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese for creamy tanginess.
- Pecans: Candied pecans are candy and crunchy, and add plenty of texture and refined sweetness to the salad. Use common toasted pecans or one other sort of nut, if most popular. Sliced almonds are one other nice possibility!
- Pepitas: With a smoother pores and skin than pumpkin seeds, pepitas are nice for including texture and crunch to salads.
Many recipes with kale name for massaging it (it’s naturally a bit robust), however I discover it really works simply as nicely to take away the leaves from the stems after which chop the kale finely. That is how I like to arrange most of my kale salads. The salad dressing and different components can even assist soften the kale up.
- Olive Oil: Clean, delicate oil for the bottom of the dressing.
- Balsamic Vinegar: Has a novel taste that’s balanced in each sweetness and acidity.
- Dijon Mustard: Works as an emulsifier on this recipe to maintain the oil and vinegar from separating and likewise provides zippy taste.
- Granulated Sugar: Provides simply sufficient sweetness to distinction the savory tastes.
- Salt: Only a sprint helps season the dressing and steadiness the opposite flavors.
Find out how to Make a Harvest Bowl
Simply 3 easy steps to make your bowl and dressing! Harvest bowls style superb and are actually easy to whip up, making them the proper lunch or mild dinner! Right here’s the way to carry all the pieces collectively:
- Roast the Candy Potato: Put together the candy potato by peeling and dicing it, then tossing it evenly with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast at 375 levels Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, or till the potatoes are cooked by means of and golden brown. Let cool.
- Assemble the bowl: Add the kale and Brussels sprouts first, then layer on the remaining components.
- Combine the Dressing: Add all of the components to a small container or bowl with a lid. Add the lid and shake till absolutely mixed. Pour over the assembled bowl, utilizing as a lot as desired.
Suggestions and Variations
One of many many issues I really like about homemade salads is that you could change them up to make use of no matter components you want greatest. Listed here are a number of methods to make your harvest bowl your personal:
- Prep Tip: Save your self a while by roasting the candy potatoes prematurely and utilizing rotisserie hen or pre-grilled hen. It is a smart way to make use of up leftovers of both ingredient!
- Use a Completely different Inexperienced: When you don’t like kale or brussel sprouts, substitute for a inexperienced of your selection. Spinach, arugula, or spring combine could be an ideal substitute.
- What Apple to Use: Go for a really crisp, candy apple for this bowl. Honeycrisp, Pink Woman, Fuji, or Ambrosia apples are all wonderful varieties.
- Make it Dairy Free: You may simply make this dairy-free by leaving out the cheese.
- Attempt Butternut Squash: Combine issues up and swap roasted butternut squash instead of the candy potato.
Whereas this Harvest Bowl is greatest eaten proper after it has been assembled, leftovers will be saved for as much as a day within the fridge in an hermetic container. The components will wilt as they sit, particularly in case you use loads of dressing. I don’t suggest consuming it after greater than 24 hours.
Pin this now to seek out it later
Put together the candy potato by peeling and dicing it, then tossing it evenly with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast at 375 levels Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, or till the potatoes are cooked by means of and golden brown. Let cool.
Assemble the bowl by including the kale and brussel sprouts first, then layering on the remaining components.
Serving: 1servingEnergy: 962kcalCarbohydrates: 88gProtein: 41gFats: 53gSaturated Fats: 13gPolyunsaturated Fats: 9gMonounsaturated Fats: 28gTrans Fats: 0.01gLdl cholesterol: 72mgSodium: 507mgPotassium: 1475mgFiber: 16gSugar: 31gVitamin A: 27096IUVitamin C: 157mgCalcium: 417mgIron: 7mg
Diet info is mechanically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.