In search of a candy and refreshing aspect dish or dessert?
This Ambrosia Salad recipe is simply the factor, it combines pineapple, coconut, mandarin oranges, and mini marshmallows in a creamy base.
What’s Ambrosia Salad?
Ambrosia means ‘meals of the gods,’ and this model is a household favourite.
- Regardless of its title, ambrosia salad is a a candy fluff salad that’s dessert-like and sometimes served as a aspect for Easter, Thanksgiving or at potlucks.
- This salad, aka 5-cup salad wants simply 5 components and 5 minutes of prep.
- It’s good for holidays and potlucks because it’s greatest made forward of time.
Elements for Ambrosia Salad
- Yogurt/Bitter Cream – The creamy base begins with both bitter cream or Greek yogurt. Our household has at all times used bitter cream, which is sweetened by the marshmallows. Be happy to strive vanilla yogurt or whipped topping (similar to Cool Whip) in place.
- Fruit – Our household’s recipe for Ambrosia Salad has coconut shreds, mandarin oranges, and pineapple, however you may combine issues up with fruit cocktail or canned peaches. For a contemporary taste, stir in contemporary fruit like grapes, bananas, blueberries, or strawberries.
- Additions – Whereas this recipe is scrumptious by itself, you may add different components. Attempt including maraschino cherries or nuts like walnuts or pecans to provide it a bit of additional crunch and taste.
How one can Make Ambrosia Salad
Ambrosia Fruit Salad is a superb aspect to whip up if you’re quick on time!
- Drain the pineapple and oranges (per the recipe under).
- Add all components besides oranges and blend nicely. Gently fold in oranges.
- Let chill within the fridge for no less than 4 hours.
Suggestions for Ambrosia Salad
- Be sure you make this salad forward of time to mix the flavors and soften the marshmallows.
- Drain the canned fruit so the dish isn’t watery.
- Gently fold within the mandarin oranges final, as they are often fragile and break aside.
Simple Ambrosia Salad
This ambrosia salad recipe is very easy to make, completely fluffy and an amazing vacation aspect dish!
In a medium bowl, combine bitter cream, marshmallows, coconut, and pineapple tidbits.
Gently fold in mandarin oranges.
Refrigerate for no less than 4 hours or in a single day. Serve chilled.
- Make this salad forward and retailer within the fridge to mix the flavors and soften the marshmallows.
- Drain all fruit nicely so the dish isn’t watery.
- Gently fold within the mandarin oranges final, they are often fragile and break aside.
- Use Greek yogurt or plain yogurt, or bitter cream for the bottom. I choose bitter cream.
Energy: 150 | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 7g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Ldl cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 29mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 296IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.