This straightforward spinach salad recipe is a recent, scrumptious facet dish! It is full of apples, dried cranberries, and pecans. A tangy dressing ties all of it collectively.
This spinach salad recipe is easy, recent, and scrumptious. A model of my mother’s favourite salad, it’s full of crisp apples, dried cranberries, crimson onion, creamy goat cheese, and toasty candied pecans. A shiny apple cider vinaigrette ties all of it collectively. *Chef’s kiss*
This fall, I’ve been making it on repeat. To be completely sincere, that’s a bit out of character for me, as a result of I’m not at all times a fan of spinach salad recipes (one thing concerning the texture of the greens, I believe).
So it’s best to belief me after I say that THIS spinach salad actually works. It’s candy, tangy, and savory, and it encompasses a mouthwatering mix of tender, crisp, and chewy parts. In my ebook, it’s the proper straightforward facet dish or mild lunch. I believe you’re going to like it!
Spinach Salad Substances
Right here’s what you’ll have to make this straightforward spinach salad recipe:
- Contemporary spinach, in fact! I really like tender child spinach right here, however mature spinach will work too. Tear the leaves if they’re massive.
- Apple – It provides refreshing crunch. Use a candy, crisp selection like Gala or Honeycrisp.
- Crimson onion – For savory taste. Thinly slice it in order that it doesn’t overpower the opposite elements.
- Candied pecans – These candy, spiced nuts are straightforward to make on the range, however in the event you’d wish to streamline the recipe, you should use common toasted pecans as a substitute.
- Goat cheese – For creamy texture and tangy taste. Shaved pecorino is nice right here too.
- Dried cranberries – They add chewy texture and sweet-tart taste.
- And salt and pepper – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements under.
Spinach Salad Dressing
This spinach salad recipe has one final element: the dressing!
I make an apple cider vinaigrette with
- apple cider vinegar,
- honey or maple syrup,
- Dijon mustard,
- extra-virgin olive oil,
- and salt and pepper.
Its tangy taste is a beautiful complement to the candy apples and candied pecans.
To make it, simply add the dressing elements to a jar, safe the lid, and shake to mix. Really easy!
- Tip: This dressing retains nicely for as much as 5 days in an hermetic container within the fridge. Make it forward in order that the salad is extra-quick to assemble!
Doable Recipe Variations
This spinach salad recipe is versatile! Although I like it as written, there are all kinds of how to alter it up. Be happy to make it your personal. Listed below are a couple of concepts to get you began:
- Swap the dressing. Strive my balsamic dressing or lemon vinaigrette.
- Change up the nuts. Change the pecans with toasted almonds or walnuts.
- Strive one other cheese. Feta cheese or shaved Parmesan could be scrumptious!
- Use completely different fruits. Toss in sliced pears or orange segments as a substitute of the apples, or use pomegranate arils as a substitute of the cranberries.
- Make it a essential dish. Add a complete grain like farro or wild rice or a protein like roasted chickpeas.
- Make a strawberry spinach salad by changing the apples with sliced strawberries. Omit the dried cranberries, and costume the salad with balsamic dressing or lemon vinaigrette.
Let me know what variations you attempt!
What to Serve with Spinach Salad
This spinach salad is a flexible facet dish. It’s particular sufficient to serve at Thanksgiving or any vacation meal, however it’s easy sufficient to organize on common weeknights too. Pair it with a merely cooked protein or any of those recipes:
I hope you take pleasure in!
Extra Favourite Salad Recipes
In case you love this spinach salad, attempt considered one of these recent salad recipes subsequent:
Serves 4 to six
Stop your display from going darkish
In a big bowl, place the spinach, apple, and onion. Add a number of the dressing and toss to mix.
Add the pecans, goat cheese, and cranberries and gently toss. Add extra dressing, as desired. Season to style and serve.