Meatloaf is a basic consolation meals that’s liked by the entire household! This recipe for crockpot meatloaf is straightforward to organize, and utilizing your sluggish cooker permits the flavors to mix collectively for a scrumptious meal.
If you happen to love meatloaf then you need to check out some extra of my straightforward and scrumptious meals which might be excellent for a busy weeknight dinner. A few of my favorites are this Meatloaf Sandwich, this scrumptious Glazed Meatloaf, and these yummy Meatloaf Meatballs!
Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe
Meatloaf is a basic consolation meals that’s straightforward to make and so versatile! It’s an amazing possibility for a budget-friendly, easy-to-clean meal that your loved ones will go loopy over! I really like that I can throw it within the crockpot, let it prepare dinner all day and dinner is able to go. It’s a lifesaver for busy days! That is undoubtedly my new go-to meatloaf recipe.
Since this crockpot meatloaf is the sort of factor you’ll be able to set and overlook, you need to use the additional time to make some straightforward sides to go together with it! Mashed potatoes are an absolute should. Add in some scrumptious homemade rolls and a leafy green salad and you’ve got a meal that may turn out to be a go-to for any busy evening!
Components in Crockpot Meatloaf
This recipe for crockpot meatloaf is ideal for a comfortable weeknight dinner! The combo of the savory beef, candy glaze, and tangy balsamic vinegar creates a scrumptious mix of flavors that’s positive to please your style buds! Take a look at the recipe card on the backside of the submit for measurements.
- Floor Beef: I all the time get beef that’s no leaner than 85 p.c. The upper fats content material helps the meatloaf keep moist! If you’d like a more healthy model of crockpot meatloaf, you too can swap out the meat for floor turkey. Take into account, although, turkey tends to dry out extra simply so that you’ll need to add extra liquids to ensure that it to prove good and moist.
- Onion: The onions add a candy and savory taste to the meatloaf and likewise assist to bind the components collectively.
- Parsley: Parsley provides a recent and herby taste to the meatloaf and likewise provides a pop of colour!
- Italian Bread Crumbs: Utilizing Italian-style breadcrumbs provides a refined taste to the meatloaf. You may even make your personal breadcrumbs utilizing this recipe.
- Milk: The milk helps to make the meatloaf moist and tender.
- Worcestershire Sauce: This sauce provides a savory and barely tangy taste to the meatloaf.
- Eggs: The eggs assist to bind the components collectively.
- Garlic Powder: The garlic provides such a scrumptious savory taste to the dish!
- Kosher Salt: Salt is used to reinforce the flavors within the recipe.
- Pepper: Pepper is used so as to add refined spiciness (however don’t fear, no warmth!)
- Ketchup: Ketchup is used as a glaze for the meatloaf.
- Balsamic Vinegar: This provides a tangy and barely candy taste to the glaze.
- Brown Sugar: This provides a sweetness to the glaze.
Make Meatloaf within the Sluggish Cooker
The most effective half about this meal is that the crockpot does a lot of the work, leaving you with loads of time to loosen up and luxuriate in your meal with the remainder of your loved ones!
- Line: Line the within of a crockpot with foil. Spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix and Combine: In a big bowl mix beef, onion, parsley, Italian breadcrumbs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, eggs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Use your palms to combine till mixed being cautious to not overmix.
- Form the Meatloaf: Utilizing your palms, form the meatloaf into a big oval and place it on prime of the foil within the crockpot.
- Whisk the Glaze: In a small bowl whisk collectively ketchup, vinegar, and brown sugar. Brush half of the combination on the highest of the meatloaf. Save the opposite half for later.
- Cook dinner: Cook dinner on low for six hours, or on excessive for 3 hours. Bake till the meat is cooked all through and reaches 160 levels Fahrenheit.
- Prime with Glaze: When completed cooking, prime it with the remaining glaze.
- Slice and Serve: Serve sliced, with remaining glaze sauce served on the aspect for drizzling.
What’s the Secret to Moist Meatloaf?
There are some things you are able to do to make sure that your meatloaf doesn’t prove dry:
- Use Meat with a Greater Fats Content material: Utilizing floor beef with the next fats content material helps hold the meatloaf moist and flavorful whereas it cooks.
- Don’t Overmix: Overmixing the components could cause the proteins within the beef to interrupt down, leading to a dry and hard meatloaf.
- Add Moisture to the Recipe: Including components like milk, eggs, and even some grated greens might help so as to add moisture to the meatloaf.
- Don’t Skip the Glaze: Brushing a glaze or sauce on prime of the meatloaf whereas it cooks might help so as to add moisture and taste to the meatloaf.
- Examine the Temperature: Meatloaf must be cooked to an inside temperature of 160 levels Fahrenheit. Cooking it for too lengthy or at too excessive a temperature could cause the meat to dry out.
- Let it Relaxation: Letting the meatloaf relaxation for a couple of minutes earlier than slicing lets all of the liquids soak into the meatloaf to ensure it doesn’t dry out.
Crockpot meatloaf will final for as much as 3-4 days within the fridge and as much as 2-3 months within the freezer. Right here’s how one can retailer it! Psst- it makes unbelievable leftovers! Warmth it up for a scrumptious, straightforward meal.
- Within the Fridge: Let your meatloaf cool all the way down to room temperature earlier than storing it. This helps to forestall any micro organism from rising. Wrap the meatloaf in plastic wrap and place in an airtight container or a zip-top bag. It ought to keep good and recent for 3-4 days.
- Within the Freezer: If you wish to hold your meatloaf for longer, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap after which in foil. Label it with the date and retailer it within the freezer for as much as 2-3 months. Thaw within the fridge earlier than reheating.
- Reheating: You may simply reheat your crockpot meatloaf within the microwave for a minute or two, or within the oven for about quarter-hour at 350 levels Fahrenheit.
Line the within of a crockpot with foil. Spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
In a big bowl mix beef, onion, parsley, Italian breadcrumbs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, eggs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Use your palms to combine till mixed being cautious to not overmix.
Utilizing your palms, form the meatloaf into a big oval and place it on prime of the foil within the crockpot.
In a small bowl whisk collectively ketchup, vinegar, and brown sugar. Brush half of the combination on the highest of the meatloaf. Save the opposite half for later.
Cook dinner on low for six hours, or on excessive for 3 hours. Bake till the meat is cooked all through and reaches 160 levels Fahrenheit.
When completed cooking, prime it with the remaining glaze.
Serve sliced, with remaining glaze sauce served on the aspect for drizzling.
Serving1sliceEnergy396kcal (20%)Carbohydrates19g (6%)Protein23g (46%)Fats25g (38%)Saturated Fats9g (45%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats11gTrans Fats1gLdl cholesterol123mg (41%)Sodium705mg (29%)Potassium455mg (13%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar10g (11%)Vitamin A311IU (6%)Vitamin C3mg (4%)Calcium78mg (8%)Iron3mg (17%)
All dietary info is predicated on third social gathering calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.